Seguici sui Facebook


Result Indicators

Bambini in Emergenza Inglese / Romania  / Result Indicators

Children in Emergency has two sets of indicators: a first set, for the child’s normalization phase and a second set, for the child’s accommodation and family insertion phases.


The measure of the extent of the damage (physical, psychic and existential) residual in the child who leaves our Center can give a measure of the ability of the team of Children in Emergency to recover the delays in the child once he arrives at us. At the Andreea Damato Pilot Center we aim to bring 90% of our young guests to a ‘slight damage’ level and the remaining 10% to a ‘moderate damage’ level.

In the psychological / existential assessment, ‘slight damage’ is meant:

 – Slight alteration of the child’s propensity towards the internal environment or the external environment, which can be characterized on the one hand by a sporadic tendency to isolation with occasional depressive experiences, or by a slight emotional lability which is accompanied by occasional elevations of the ‘mood;

 – Slight alteration of the quality of the encounter with the other, which can manifest itself in a tendency to be unfriendly and suspicious or tendentially compliant;

  Alterazione lieve della capacità di autoregolazione, ovvero una lieve tendenza ad essere scrupolosi e precisi oppure occasionali atteggiamenti di inaffidabilità;

 – Slight alteration of self-regulation capacity, or a slight tendency to be scrupulous and precise or occasional unreliability;

 – A slight alteration that affects the inclination to be curious and to acquire knowledge, which can occur in occasional and sporadic drops in curiosity.

The physical evolution of the child depends on his general condition and the pathologies suffered. With reference to HIV, only about 25% of our children born to HIV-positive mother develop the infection but in 100% of them do not evolve into disease thanks to careful medical monitoring to which we submit our children from an early age and to the administration of antiretroviral therapy.


They are quali-quantitative:

 – the quantitative indicators evaluate the child’s psycho-physical health and are the same as those adopted in the normalization phase.

 – the qualitative indicators assess the ability of families to provide the child with an adequate environment and care and offer children real opportunities for integration into the community.

No Comments

Post a Comment